This Code of Conduct is to provide guidance to all LibertyCon convention members, staff and attendees.
It is to help ensure that the behavior of certain individuals does not adversely disturb the rest of the attendees. It applies to all pre-con, at con, and post-con activities that are related to LibertyCon. All members are encouraged to read this Code and ask questions of anything that they do not understand.
LibertyCon is prepared to deal with any violations of the code as legally, rapidly, and efficiently as possible. We hope that all members will help to make LibertyCon an enjoyable experience for all, by respecting the rights of all attendees while in attendance.
LibertyCon reserves the right to revoke membership and eject any individual at any time from LibertyCon. No refunds will be provided.
Failure to adhere to the code of conduct may result in:
- Mediation by the Con Chair and/or ConCom speaking to all parties involved in an incident
- Verbal warnings
- Turning the individual in to hotel/convention center staff/security
- Revocation of membership and ejection from LibertyCon
- Contacting local law enforcement
LibertyCon is a membership event and membership badges must be worn at all time by all members and staff. A badge is only valid for the individual to whom it was issued. Badges may not be shared.
LibertyCon requires that all individuals have membership badges for the convention, and that they be clearly visible by being worn above the waist when at LibertyCon.
We ask that you respect others so that everyone is comfortable and feels safe while attending LibertyCon.
- Harassment of others will not be tolerated and is a violation of the code of conduct.
- If someone asks you to leave them alone or tells you no, you walk away, and you do not approach them again. There is no reason for you to have any further interaction with them.
- Discrimination of any sort is not tolerated and is a violation of the code of conduct.
- Discrimination is not limited to gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or physical/mental disability.
- If you feel that you have been harassed or discriminated against:
- Tell the individual that their behavior is inappropriate. Sometimes this is sufficient.
- If you do not feel comfortable talking with the individuals involved, or if talking to them once does not work, please immediately report the situation to any LibertyCon committee member. If possible provide a badge name or name and a physical description of the person or persons involved. The committee member will notify the Con Chair or Head of Security.
- PLEASE: Keep in mind that unless an incident is reported, nothing can be done.
PUBLIC PARTIES – Please be a responsible host!
- Only certain convention hotel rooms are available for parties and all parties must be coordinated with LibertyCon.
- No one under 21 will be served alcohol. Hosts are required to card anyone who wishes to drink at their event. Attempting to drink while under 21 or knowingly serving alcohol to someone under 21 is a violation of the code of conduct, and could subject you to removal from LibertyCon.
HOTEL INTERACTIONS -We ask that you follow any and all rules set by the convention hotels.
- The person whose name the room is rented is solely responsible for the conduct of all individuals in the room and the condition of the room. Excessive trash, any act of vandalism, deliberate or excessive damage to hotel room and its contents, or any negative interference with hotel staff that may present a hazard to said hotel staff will result in the hotel taking control of the situation.
- Individuals, regardless of whose name the room is rented in, will be billed for said damages by the hotel. In addition, individuals may be evicted from the hotel and/or the convention and may also face criminal charges.
The City of Chattanooga does not allow smoking in any public buildings, including hotels, restaurants, or the convention center.
Only service animals are allowed in hotel and convention function spaces. Contact the hotel for their pet policy.
- Regardless of any government permits, unless you are a Federal or State police officer, no actual weapon or item that can be mistaken for a weapon may be openly carried on properties being used for LibertyCon at any time, unless it has been peace bonded by Convention Operations. If a member wishes to carry such a weapon, it must be presented to Convention Operations upon entry to LibertyCon. The Convention Operations staff is the final arbiter of what weapons require peace bonding, or if a particular weapon is prohibited. If anyone is unsure what is realistic, Convention Operations will be happy to check it.
- Any actual weapon or item that can be mistaken for a weapon that is purchased in the dealer room must be wrapped and immediately transported to a hotel room or vehicle. If the purchaser wishes to use the item during the convention, refer to the previous section.
- Live unsheathed steel is prohibited. Convention Operations is the final arbiter of what is considered live steel.
- Any weapon (actual, realistic or toy) that is utilized in a threating or harmful manner is a violation of the code of conduct.
PRIVACY, PHOTOGRAPHY, AND ELECTRONIC RECORDING
- LibertyCon members should be aware that photographs, video and audio recordings occur during the convention, and that their likenesses may appear in these recordings. Attendees and members agree to assign without compensation the use of their likenesses for the use of promotion material.
- LibertyCon welcomes members of the press to all events. All journalists, media photographers and any other members of the press are required to display an official LibertyCon Press Badge or be accompanied by a LibertyCon staff member at all times.
- Members should be polite and ask before taking photographs or recordings of members and attendees whenever possible. Photography and audio/video recordings for personal archival use is generally acceptable, unless an individual makes it clear that they do not wish to be photographed or recorded, in which case it becomes expressly forbidden. Cosplay IS NOT consent.
- The usage of photographic or recording devices is prohibited in certain area of the convention including the Art Show and Art Auction. Where allowed, please take photographs before or after a program event to avoid distracting panelists and audience members to the maximum extent possible.
SALES OF MERCHANDISE
The offering for sale of any merchandise may only occur in designated areas with the permission of LibertyCon.
LibertyCon reserves the right to amend the code of conduct at any time without prior or posted notice and reserves the sole right of interpretation. The rules stated above are not all inclusive and involve worst-case scenarios.
Any action or behavior that is illegal, unsafe, or causes significant interference with convention operations, excessive discomfort to members, or adversely affects LibertyCon’s relationship with its guests, the venue, or the public is strictly forbidden.
So basically, be a decent person.