Master of Ceremonies: Charles E. Gannon
Charles E. Gannon, aka Chuck Gannon, is a novelist, and a game designer who has worked primarily on role-playing games. role-playing games.
Charles Gannon wrote Hard Times (1991), a MegaTraveller book which pushed the background metaplot up by six years. Gannon wrote many articles in Challenge magazine about “The Hinterworlds”, a sector of space in the Imperium of the Traveller universe.
Gannon has also written novels in the 1632 series, including 1635: The Papal Stakes (2012), 1636: Commander Cantrell in the West Indies (2014), and 1636: The Vatican Sanction (2015). His novels Fire with Fire and Trial by Fire were both nominated for the Nebula Award for Best Novel (in 2014 and 2015 respectively).
Tales of the 22nd Century series (aka Caine Riordan series, aka Tales of the Terran Republic)
- Fire with Fire (2013, ISBN 1-451-63883-3)
- Trial by Fire (2014, ISBN 1-476-73664-2)
- Raising Caine (2015, ISBN 1-476-78093-5)
- Caine’s Mutiny (2017, ISBN 9781476782195)
- Marque of Caine (upcoming)
- Endangered Species (upcoming)
- Protected Species (upcoming)
Spinoffs and Related Fiction
- Lost Signals of the Terran Republic (upcoming), an anthology edited by Gannon of fiction set in the universe of Caine Riordan
- Misbegotten (upcoming), a non-mainline Terran Republic novel
These books are written with other authors in their shared settings.
- Extremis (2011) with Steve White
- Imperative (2016) with Steve White
The 1632 series
- 1635: The Papal Stakes (2012) with Eric Flint
- 1636: Commander Cantrell in the West Indies (2014) with Eric Flint
- 1636: The Vatican Sanction (TBA) with Eric Flint